Baabuk relies on nature to deliver outstanding footwear. Many outdoor apparel companies are resorting to natural materials such as wool for their products ditching synthetic fibers. Wool fiber is the best natural material and has unbelievable features. And here’s why our shoes are so unique and special:
- Renewable – Wool is naturally grown and is renewable as the sheep is sheared at least once per year. This process is handmade and uses less energy to produce than synthetic manmade material. Moreover, wool is easily recycled because it is biodegradable. It can also be composted and used as a fertilizer due to its high level of nitrogen.
- Comfort - The longer you wear a pair of Baabuk shoes, the more comfortable they get. Its like wearing a second skin, as it naturally moulds to the shape of your foot. The slippers have no stitches and are made of one piece, so no seams irritate or rub. Moreover, the sneakers do not contain glue that could harden the fabric and cause discomfort.
- Breathable material – Wool and its unique structure let the feet breath, meaning that the fibers will absorb moisture and will let it evaporate. Your comfort will be considerably increased since your feet will not be swollen. You will sweat a lot less than in shoes made of synthetic fabric.
- Warm and yet Cool - Did you know that Bedouins wear wool to protect themselves from the desert heat? The Bedouin tribes of the Sinai, where temperatures reach extreme heights, have been wrapping themselves in wool for centuries. Natural wool fibers will provide the most comfortable environment for your skin by regulating its temperature. When wearing a pair of Baabuk, your feet will be warm in winter and fresh in summer.
- Antibacterial - When you wear a pair of Baabuk wool shoes you don’t have to worry about getting that stinky foot odor. Made from natural wool fiber that is breathable, these shoes can help control odor by hindering bacterial growth. So wear your Baabuks barefoot, because SOCKS SUCK!
- Durable - The complex cellular structure of wool made it extremely resilient and flexible to breakage. Felt can be bent over 30,000 times without any damage, not to mention that wool is seven times stronger than cotton. So change your mainstream shoes for a durable and fashionable pair of Baabuk.
- Water repellent – The fibers of the wool are naturally covered with a special waxy coating. Therefore, wool is water repellent and will be less exposed to stains (spills will not easily be absorbed by the fabric).
- Naturally fire-retardant- Wool fibers are very slow to burn. In case you are on an incredible camping trip and your pair of Baabuk catches on fire, wool will self-regulate. How so? By hindering fire to progress while having the capability to self-extinguish the fire.
- Easy care - At Baabuk, we even took into consideration the time you’ll spend on cleaning your shoes. Our natural wool fiber shoes are very easy to maintain. If your slippers are dusty, clean them with a damp cloth and gently remove the stains. On the other hand, your pair of sneakers and urban coolers can we machine washed (wool cycle, 30 degrees celsius, special wool detergent, slow spinning, and no tumble-dryer).
“I HAVE WORKED WITH WOOL ALL MY LIFE AS A DESIGNER. THERE'S MUCH MORE TO IT THAN KNITWEAR - IT'S AN AMAZING VERSATILE MATERIAL AND CAN BE USED IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS FROM CHIC TO RUSTIC." D. VERSACE.
Why Baabuk slippers?
Wool from New Zealand
100% natural latex anti-slip sole
Easy to slip in and slip out
Warm in winter, fresh in summer!
Why Baabuk kids slippers?
Wool is a natural, durable material that can take kids' wear and tear. The natural fibres are thermo regulating, keeping your little ones cool in Summer and warm in Winter. Wool is also a natural anti-bacterial, giving your children long lasting protection. The crepe soles offer non-slip grip and flexibility for even the most active tackers.